Are you looking for the best electric car for you? Depending on your needs and budget, several options are available to you. Your dealership Audi Blainville gives you some information to help you make your decision, among the best electric cars currently available on the market!
Audi Q4 e-tron
- Price range: starting at $ 63,400
- Number of trims: 1
- Power: 295 net horsepower
- Towing Capacity: 2,650 lbs (1,202 kg)
- Cargo Space: 702-1,502 liters
- Electric range: 380 kilometers
- Charging times: 240V = 9.0 hrs, 400V = 0.6 hrs
- Energy efficiency (city/highway): 2.4/2.7 Le/100 km
With an elegant silhouette and a richly equipped interior, the Audi Q4 e-tron is the proof that it is possible to find a fully electric luxury SUV at a decent price.
You should also take note that the Q4 e-tron also offers a Sportback model, which is even more sporty-looking!
- Price range: $ 90,192 – $ 98,592
- Number of trims: 2
- Power: 355-402 net horsepower
- Towing capacity: 4,000 lbs (1,814 kg)
- Cargo space: 660-1,596 liters
- Electric range: 364 kilometers
- Charging times: 240V = 10.0 hrs, 400V = 0.5 hrs
- Energy efficiency (city/highway): 3.0/3.0 Le/100 km
A remarkably tough vehicle, this luxury SUV offers solid performance levels, an exceptional exterior styling and a good electric range; 2 Sportback versions are also available.
What about the competition?
Other manufacturers also offer electric cars and SUVs that are worth mentioning; here are just a few.
Volkswagen ID. 4
- Price range: $ 43,995 – $ 52,995
- Number of trims: 3
- Power: 201-295 net horsepower
- Towing capacity: 2,700 lbs (1,225 kg)
- Cargo space: 858-1,818 liters
- Electric range: 336-410 kilometers
- Charging times: 240V = 6.0 hrs, 400V = 0.5 hrs
- Energy efficiency (city/highway): 2.0/2.4 to 2.7/3.1 Le/100 km
Affordable and with a bold design, the 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 also offers a good electric range and a generous towing capacity, which is rare for a vehicle of this segment.
Ford Mustang Mach-e
- Price range: $ 56,995 – $ 82,995
- Number of trims: 5
- Power: 266-480 net horsepower
- Towing capacity: Not recommended
- Cargo space: 840-1,690 liters
- Electric range: 397-502 kilometers
- Charging times: 240V = 8.1 hrs, 400V = 0.6 hrs
- Energy efficiency (city/highway): 2.1/2.5 to 2.7/3.1 Le/100 km
The emblematic sports car is now also offered as an electric SUV model. Although it provides you with a generous electric range, it does not offer a towing capacity, which could be a disadvantage for some buyers.
Hyundai IONIQ 5
- Price range: $ 48,999 – $ 60,999
- Number of trims: 4
- Power: 168-320 net horsepower
- Towing capacity: 0-2,000 lbs (0-907 kg)
- Cargo space: 770-1,680 liters
- Electric range: 354-414 kilometers
- Charging times: 240V = 5.1-6.45 hrs, 400V = 0.5 hrs
- Energy efficiency (city/highway): 1.8/2.4 to 2.1/2.6 Le/100 km
When it comes to Hyundai vehicles, the IONIQ 5 is already quite popular among buyers thanks to its reasonable price and good performance, without forgetting a stunning silhouette.
How to find the best electric car?
A good electric vehicle includes several key features; the final choice will obviously depend on the buyer’s taste and budget. But here are a few features you should take into account and compare when shopping:
- Electric range: It must be sufficient for your daily needs.
- Charging times: A good electric car is generally equipped with a quick charging system that will allow you to quickly charge your battery, which ideally means less than an hour to reach a complete charge.
- Performance: An electric model offers an enjoyable driving experience with performance levels that are comparable –or superior- to fuel engine models.
- Manufacturing quality and safety: You should look for electric vehicle models that include advanced safety systems, like driver assistance technologies and emergency braking systems.
- Price: Budget obviously remains most buyers’ main selection criterion. Keep in mind that although an electric car costs more upon purchase, you will be saving a significant amount of money on fuel and maintenance. Moreover, several models are eligible to government incentives.
As you can see, finding the best electric car depends on several factors. The good news is that the amount of available models keeps increasing, which means you will have plenty of choice!
To find out more about the electric vehicles offered by Audi Blainville, or to get more information regarding our Audi purchasing or leasing financing rates, come and visit us today! We will be glad to help you find the perfect Audi electric vehicle that will meet –and exceed- your expectations. We are looking forward to seeing you soon at our dealership!